Inspired by Conceptual Continuity, and featuring songs from several records which did not appear on the first compilation, I winnowed the list down to a reasonable mix of instrumental and vocal performances for my very own listening pleasure.
Here's the CD I just finished making. It goes like this:
1. Be In My Video Them Or Us 1984
2. Hungry Freaks, Daddy Freak Out! 1966
3. Little House I Used To Live In Fillmore East, June 1971 1971
4. One-Shot Deal Waka/Jawaka1972
5. Stink Foot Apostrophe(‘) 1974
6. Zoot Allures Zoot Allures 1976
7. Joe’s Garage Joe’s Garage1979
8. Tinseltown Rebellion Does Humor Belong In Music? 1986
9. What’s New In Baltimore? Does Humor Belong In Music? 1986
10. Holiday In Berlin, Full Blown Burnt Weenie Sandwich 1970
11. Lemme Take You To The Beach Studio Tan 1978
12. What’s The Ugliest Part Of Your Body? We’re Only In It For The Money 1968
13. Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance We’re Only In It For The Money 1968
14. The Grand Wazoo The Grand Wazoo 1972
15. G-Spot Tornado The Yellow Shark 1993
16. Montana Overnite Sensation 1973
We've got some early social satire (some of Frank's best lyric writing), some moments of strangeness (Holiday In Berlin, Little House), some serious music (Grand Wazoo, G-Spot Tornado), and plenty of good dirty fun. What's New In Baltimore? contains one of Zappa's most melodically conventional (and super hot) guitar leads , and One Shot Deal features a section that can almost be called country music.
Put your own playlist together of your favorites. Load them onto the digital media player of your choice, or just slap the records onto a turntable and spin, baby spin. Turn your friends on to Frank's music.
Have a happy Zappadan any way you wanna.