Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Friday Night


I don't know if anyone wants to read a list of songs, but I find it fun when my friend Cleveland Bob does his Friday Random 10 over at Loud Mouth Soup It's pretty sweet- he does it from his iPod and takes the next ten no matter.

So last year I made a CD called Friday Night. In Cleveland in the 1970s and 1980s Friday night started with Bruce Springsteen's Born To Run on WMMS, and took off from there. I know there's radio stations that program for Friday night today, but when I'm ready for Friday and loosening up a bit, I put that Friday Night CD on. The idea was to play it pretty straight, inspired by those WMMS Fridays, but also adding a few interesting twists that fit the set but were never quite radio staples (or they were just my favorites). It goes like this:
1. Born To Run – Bruce Springsteen
2. Friday On My Mind – Earth Quake
3. Rock And Roll – Led Zeppelin
4. House Party – J. Geils Band
5. Get Out Of Denver – Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band
6. Keep Playin’ That Rock ‘N’ Roll – Edgar Winter’s White Trash
7. You Shook Me All Night Long- AC/DC
8. Open My Eyes – The Nazz
9. Suffragette City – David Bowie
10. Heat Treatment – Graham Parker
11. Rock & Roll – The Velvet Underground
12. Driver’s Seat – Sniff ‘n’ the Tears
13. Don’t Wait Too Long – The New York Rock Ensemble
14. Dancing In The Moonlight – Thin Lizzy
15. Me And The Boys – NRBQ
16. Ships In The Night – Be-Bop Deluxe
17. Honky Tonk Women – Elton John
18. Black Betty – Ram Jam
19. Play That Fast Thing – Rockpile

1 comment: