Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lagy Gaga The Fame Monster (Deluxe Edition) 2009


Juxtaposition.

You don't get that many opportunities to use the word. But when a review of Lady Gaga follows an acoustic live Neil Young set, well, that's juxtaposition all the way.

Another unusual thing might just be finding a review of a Gaga release on this blog. We're full of surprises today.

This particular release is a 2 CD affair including her debut The Fame, along with The Fame Monster, eight newer tracks, all bundled up nice and neat. I won't explain what may have led me to buy it, but I'm pleased I did. It's got quite a few killer songs.

OK, it's product, I understand that. But it's very well assembled product. I liked Madonna, too. I can't help myself. Will I be listening to it years from now? I don't know, how many years we talkin' 'bout? I still put Madonna on sometimes.

Between the two discs, there's 22 songs total. I'd have to say that 11 of them are darn good, and there's at least six classics: Bad Romance, Alejandro, Paparazzi, Poker Face, I Like It Rough, and Telephone. The other half is listenable. And you can dance to almost all of it.

I suppose you could just download those six at the on-line retailer of your choice and be good to go. There. It's almost a public service.

No comments:

Post a Comment