Sunday, June 5, 2011

Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones

I recently returned from a wonderful 12-day trip to Alaska. It was magnificent. Mountains, wildlife,
and more wildlife. And there was very good food, and very good beer.
Everything in Alaska is very far apart. And Alaska itself is far far away. So there are long times spent in transit, often in noisy vehicles such as jets, buses and trains (which, in Alaska, is a nice way to get around).

Which brings me to the headphones. I don't know if they are the best noise-cancelling headphones made, but they work great, and they sound very good. In fact they have a very musical sound that rivals my headphones at home. The iPod drives them plenty loud, and of course the beauty of the noise-cancelling technology is that you don't have to turn them way up to drown out the din of a jet engine. The jet engine noise is reduced to a point where you can listen to music at reasonable levels. This is a very big blessing.

They work with the movies on the plane, too.

They even work with no music on. I keep them on when I'm just reading on the plane. You can hear conversation that is directed towards you, but people don't know that, which prevents them from striking up a conversation. This can be an invaluable asset on a long plane ride. Nice to meet you, I'm putting my headphones on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment